- November 1972 - Library opens in the basement of City Hall
- June 1973 - A city ordinance was passed officially creating the Huxley Public Library with the first librarian being Aileen Matheson, who was assisted by Evelyn Button.
- March 1987 - Due to growth and use, the library was moved to a space in the Ballard Plaza.
- April 1990 - Continued growth of the library dictated a move to the Huxley Professional Building.
- February 2003 - With even more growth and the help of the school, the library moved to its present location in the top floor of the 3C's building. We now serve as both the Huxley Public Library and the Ballard Jr/Sr High School IMC. We are one of only six libraries in the State of Iowa to participate in a joint venture such as this.
- January 2007 - The Huxley Public Library becomes fully accredited by the State of Iowa for the first time.
- February 2010 - At 12:57pm on February 4, we checked out our one millionth item
Interesting Fact! The Huxley Public Library began with about 2000 books and 170 patrons. Today, we have over 30,000 items and well over 3000 patrons! We are now open six days and four evenings a week to accommodate the various schedules of our patrons.